Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 23 - "My Neighborhood-Winter Pears" By Jennifer Thompson

Day 23 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge by Leslie Saeta. Value Study 23; "My Neighborhood-Winter Pears" In the North Tract looking up the hill. I took a walk through the orchard. It was the first time since the sale. My husband's family had been farming this ground since 1920 when his grandfather moved here after WWI. It was poignant. Walking through the dormant orchard I could sense the trees gathering strength for the coming season and I could hear the echo of harvests past. I was proud of our pears. Sustainably grown food for Value Study 23; "My Neighborhood-Winter Pears"people.

Value Study 23; "My Neighborhood-Winter Pears" By Jennifer Thompson Watercolor On Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment